If you are a graduate for the current academic year, please be sure to submit the Notice of Candidacy to Graduate Form (available on the downloads page) within the third week of the final trimester in which you intend to graduate. For example, if you plan to graduate at the end of the summer trimester in the 2011-2012 academic year, you must submit your Notice Form before the end of the first week of the summer trimester.
All students will be held to their graduation requirements, which were in effect at the time of their admittance to the Academy, baring a change in state law, or state or national authorization of the Academy’s degree program. All candidates for graduation from the Academy must:
- Complete each class and term of clinic training with a 2.3 GPA.
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.3 in all graded work.
- Pass all comprehensive examinations.
- File a Notice of Candidacy for Graduation during the final term before graduation.
- Have cleared all financial obligations to the Academy, including the graduation fee, which covers the costs of: California Licensure exam application processing; diploma and diploma cover; cap and gown rental; and the graduation banquet.
When a candidate for graduation has completed all requirements listed above, his or her file is reviewed for degree eligibility by the Academic Standards Committee. Those candidates who have satisfactorily met all the requirements set forth by the Committee are awarded the degree of Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine
Tui Na MTCP Graduation Requirements
In order to pass the Tui-Na program successfully, the student must:
- Pass all courses related to the Tui-Na Massage Therapy Certificate program.
- Have good understanding of the concepts, modalities, and techniques related to Tui-Na massage therapy.
- Possess an independent ability to practice Tui-Na massage techniques and therapies to patients/clients.