The ACCHS Library’s print collection is now searchable online! Find relevant reference and information resources associated with ACCHS and its programs.
Search the collection using the ACCHS Library Catalog
We hope you find the resources conducive to matriculation and research at ACCHS. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions!
Includes open access journals and databases covering Western and Oriental medicine topics. Most are in English; some also include Chinese versions.
- About Herbs, Botanicals and other Products created by Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
- A database providing information about herbs, botannicals, and supplements
- Acupuncture Today
- Online journal from 2000-present with keyword search capabilities.
- Acutrials database– created by the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine.
- A comprehensive collection of randomized controlled trials and systematic reviews of acupuncture published in the English language. A free account must be created to access.
- BioMed Central – The Open Access Publisher
- BioMed (Chinese language)
Over 258 peer reviewed journals covering topics that include Biomedical and Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Includes relevant titles from SpringerOpen open access titles.
- Chinese Medicine Specimen Database – created by the Hong Kong Baptist University Library and the School of Chinese Medicine.
- A database containing images and descriptions of the Chinese Materia Medica specimen collection housed in the Chinese Medicine Centre at the HKBU School of Chinese Medicine. Searchable in Chinese and English.
- Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal
- International peer-reviewed open access journal.
- Free Medical Journal
- An ALA-approved website that provides open access to free full text medical journal articles, including 6 alternative medicine journals.
- International Journal of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- An open access full text journal dealing with research, education and clinical practice of therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
- Medicinal Plant Images Database – created by the Hong Kong Baptist University Library and School of Chinese Medicine.
- Database containing over 1000 images of medicinal plants were cataloged and described in Chinese and English. The database is keyword searchable in Chinese and English
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
- Searchable website provided by National Institutes of Health with information about complementary and alternative medicine topics.
- PubMedCentral (PMC) – created by the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
- A free archive of biomedical and life sciences journal articles at the NIH/NLM. Journal titles and articles are keyword searchable. Content is provided by publishers who have deposited their journals into the archive, and restrictions by date of publication may apply.
Journal databases in Chinese
Free abstracts; fees for full text.
The links below are to Chinese sites that have free abstracts but require you to pay a fee for full text articles.
- VIP of Chongqing – http://www.cqvip.com/main/advanced.aspx
- CNKI.Net – http://epub.cnki.net/grid2008/index/ZKCALD.htm
- WangFang Data (With English Search Page) – http://www.wanfangdata.com/db_search.asp
- Institute of Information on Traditional Chinese Medicine has articles in Chinese and English.
Tuesday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Wednesday: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Thursday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Library Mission and Objectives
Consistent with the Academy’s mission and academic objectives, the ACCHS library provides resources and services to faculty and students in support of instruction, research, and the general educational and informational needs of the campus community.
Considering the immediate objectives related to ACCHS library operations, the library shall:
- Develop and maintain collections that support the institutional curricular program and respond to faculty and students’ TCM academic and clinical needs and interests.
- Maintain a presence in the Academy’s website to integrate library services with the school’s services.
- Provide enhanced bibliographic control and access to the library’s collection through an online public access catalog.
- Provide general reference assistance related to the location and interpretation of information and resources within the library, directing library patrons to other libraries when necessary.
- Offer services that support and enhance the instructional program, such as interlibrary loan and guided database searches.Educate library users in the scope and organization of the library’s collections and services.
- Promote and encourage increased use of the library thorough formal and informal contact with faculty, staff, and students.